Here are some links to web based programs that I use.
1. compressor.io - This does a great job of compressing jpegs, much better than Photoshop does.
2. pdfcompressor.com - Does what it says it does. Much better than the native compression for web that Adobe uses.
3. Tinypng.com - Is actually a plugin for PhotoShop that compresses large png files. Again, better than Photoshop.
4. https://www.pingdom.com/ - Site goes done but your hosting company doesn't inform you? Set up a free account and have pingdom email you.
1. Lyrebird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnFC-s2nOtI -